Definition of Cast
to criticize someone or something sev
Examples of Castigate in a sen
1. My mother was a cruel woman who never missed an opportunity to castigate my father.
2. When the police chief discovers his officers let the criminal escape, he is sure to castigate them.
3. If you want better results, you should praise your children and not castigate them.
4. How dare you castigate him when you have done the same thing in the past?
5. The minister used his sermon to castigate the sinners in the church.
6. Because the president does not tolerate mistakes well, everyone knows he will castigate his staff members during their evening meeting.
7. We cannot castigate our students and blame them for their poor grades when we do not give them the resources they need to be successful.
8. More than likely, the United Nations will castigate the dictator for allowing his military force to torture the people of his country.
9. Hypocrites are people who castigate others for making the same decisions they have made.
10. The employer used performance reviews to castigate his employees when they did not do their duties well.
WATCH our daily vocabulary videos and LEARN new words in a fun and exciting
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel to keep video production going! Visit VocabularyVideos.com to watch our FULL library of vi