Definition of Pr
the senior administrative officer in a college or unive
Examples of Provost in a sen
1. The provost at my college is in charge of all administrative functions, being the senior administrative officer there.
2. While not all colleges have one, my university has a provost that is in charge of all of our administrative functions, though he does have junior officers to assist him.
3. There are many ranks of officer in my college’s administrative branch, but only the most senior administrative officer has the title of provost.
4. My college has a junior administrative officer and a senior one, but we give the title of provost to the senior officer.
5. The provost at a university is the senior administrative officer, but he often has many junior officers to carry out smaller tasks for him.
WATCH our daily vocabulary videos and LEARN new words in a fun and exciting
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel to keep video production going! Visit VocabularyVideos.com to watch our FULL library of vi